On paper it doesn't look like it was a very exciting match between Australia and France last night in Melbourne, but excitement was the story of the game.
A rugby purist would appreciate this match for the pure defensive battle that it was, with both teams giving the other no space and fighting hard at the breakdown.
For more on the team performance and the story of the game check out #AUSvFRA 2.
Here are individual Wallabies player grades from last night.
1. James Slipper - C+. Slipper struggled with his bind in the scrum at the start of the game, but soon managed to fix it. He then fixed this problem and was influential in the rest of the set pieces. He ran well, making 26 metres off seven runs, but caused two turnovers off handling errors.
2. Tatafu Polota-Nau - C+. Was spectacular on defence, however he did allow France to steal two lineout throws. Apart from that his scrummaging was good.
3. Sekope Kefu - A+. FANTASTIC in the scrum. Basically the main reason France were unable to overpower the Wallabies was because of him. He will be influential in matches against the Springbok and All Blacks with this sort of play in the scrum. He was also extremely powerful on both offence and defence.
4. Rob Simmons - A. You can't fault a lock for burying his head in almost every single breakdown. Also had solid run metres with 20 metres of six carries.
5. James Horwill - B. Gave away some penalties, but made up for it later in the game by forcing turnovers and came through in the clutch with a big lineout win.
6. Scott Fardy - A. Strong and physical. Stepped up when it mattered and was a monster at the breakdown.
7. Michael Hooper - A+. Such a brilliant player. He is so eccentric on the pitch. People who had never watched a game of rugby in their lives would have seen him from a mile away (even without his hair). He had 34 metres run off 8 carries. He was amazing at supporting his team mates was excellent at the breakdown.
8. Ben McCalman - A. Should have been awarded a try. Played fantastic in his starting debut for the Wallabies. Had the most carries for the entire squad and ran 47 metres.
9. Nic White - C+. - His goal kicking was a big concern. He missed three chances, but generally he was ok in other kicking and play.
10. Bernard Foley - C. Did well to chase down the French attacker and stop a try. He tackled well but couldn't figure out Frances defence.
11. Nick Cummins - B. Waited patiently for the ball, but it just wouldn't get to him. He ran for 60 metres of eight carries, and what determinded his controverialy high grade has they four tackles he busted through.
12. Matt Toomua - B+. Solid play in the midfield and on defence. Reliable with his kicking. Good defence.
13. Tevita Kuridrani - C+. Played pretty well and ran 41 metres off seven carries. Couldn't get much else working for him.
14. Adam Ashley-Cooper - C- Hardly carried the ball at all, generally just deprived of the ball due to the midfield play. Had two handling errors so he wasn't making the most of his carries.
15. Israel Folau - A- Had limited possession but he made the most of it with 121 metres off nine carries. He made the only line break for the Wallabies, busting five tackles and kicking the ball six times for over 200 metres.